This event is outdated or no longer exists. Please visit the Salsa Calendar
for current salsa events.
This event is not happening today
(see salsa calender
for more events)
Agustin Luna Presents the 6th Annual Blake St Salsa Block Party, the original Berkeley salsa block party, on Labor Day, featuring live music from top musicians of Oye Productions called the Bay Area Salsa & Timba All Stars with DJ sets by DJ Willi (from Monterey) and DJ JuanLove. The goal is to bring the community together in a day of solidarity and celebration. The event is free, but donations are encouraged to help pay for expenses. This is an all ages event. Please see the Facebook event page for more information.
||Outdoor Salsa Dancing, Live Music
||Monday, September 1st 2014
||2:00pm - 6:00pm
||Free, $10+ Donation Suggested
||Blake St between Ellsworth St and Fulton St
2231 Blake St
Berkeley, CA 94704
Get Directions via Google Maps
Event Facebook Page
Important: Event times are subject to change. Always double check with the event organizer before making plans.
It's free outdoor salsa music and dancing, what's not to like? Organized every year by Agustin Luna, the Berkeley Salsa Block Party is one of the top live music events of the year. Here are a few words from the organizer:
1) Please be respectful to the neighborhood and the residents. Clean up after yourselves if you bring food and/or beverages.
2) Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the street or sidewalk. You may be cited and/or arrested by police if they observe you consuming it, especially if you are under 21. The event may even be shut down.
3) We are anticipating a good size crowd. Come early. Parking is available on the streets in the surrounding neighborhood. The event is taking place in front 2231 Blake St in Berkeley.
4) Taking BART? Look for the walking instructions from Berkeley BART posted on the Facebook event page for details on how to get to the event.
5) We will need volunteers to help us clean up the area before we reopen it. If you can and are available, then meet on the lawn of 2231 Blake St after the show.
6) Donations: We’ll be collecting donations to help pay for the event. As stated on the Facebook event page and in postings, 18% of the gross donations collected is going to 3 charities (6% to each) – American Cancer Society, HAND of the Peninsula, and the Alzheimer’s Association.
7) ¡Disfrútate!: Have fun! Bring your friends, family, and good energy to this truly community event. Enjoy.
Never miss another salsa event!
Want to be the first to know about upcoming salsa events? Sign up for our newsletter and we'll deliver you the latest Bay Area salsa news, right to your inbox!
Leave A Review:
Review Policy: Please share your review of this salsa event and let others know what your think! Be as descriptive as possible in your review. Simple reviews ("This place is great!") will be deleted. If this is your first time leaving a review, your review will be held in moderation until it is approved. No reviews by event organizers or event promoters please. No personal attacks. Salsa By The Bay reserves the right to delete any reviews that are in violation of this policy.
Copyright © 2011-2015 Salsa By The Bay. All Rights Reserved.
Advertise With Us
Submit An Event | Contact Us
Switch to Mobile Version